Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

The type of connector

Status
Not open for further replies.

liupengjian

I will go on site support for a kind of server, but I see this type of connector I never see. so who can tell me what is the type of this connector please?[/img]

Attachments

• 101_0169.jpg
    101_0169.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 521
it looks like so called 'flat ribbon connectors'

**broken link removed**

Wow... I've seen similar connectors, but not 14-pin... it might be a serial link connector, I would say mid-80's era, but I don't have one like here at work.

and what is this thing used for? must be something old...
did you think of replacing it with DB connectors?

Thanks for all your suggestion, I think it may be some kind of SCSI cable. The problem is I dont know how to link it to a DB25 connector. I need to solder it to DB25 to make it a single cable, so that one side is this one,the other side is DB25.

I have seen this type connector, but not in this size. We use them in the telepnone industry, most especially for station wiring to multi-line key sets, and other analog voice/signal applications. The most common variety is 25 pair (50 pin), but I have seen them up to 32 pair (64 pin). All are double row and come in male & female styles. The term used to describe them was always "cinch" but I think that referred to the original manufacturer. Also notice it has the same basic configuration as a standard "Centronics" printer interface (just not as many pins), so it could possibly a condensed version of a centronics printer interface cable. You may want to look online for telephone cable suppliers such as GreyBar Electric or Anixter for a match.
Dialtone

Some additional serching on Google yielded this link.
It is called "MSX" parallel
**broken link removed**
Dialtone

Hello,
I hope this can help you also, it´s used at this old computer:

MSX Parallel

(At the Computer)
14 PIN CENTRONICS FEMALE at the Computer.

Pin Name Dir Description
1 /STB Strobe
2 PDB0 Data 0
3 PDB1 Data 1
4 PDB2 Data 2
5 PDB3 Data 3
6 PDB4 Data 4
7 PDB5 Data 5
8 PDB6 Data 6
9 PDB7 Data 7
10 n/c -
11 BUSY Printer is busy
12 n/c -
13 n/c -
14 GND - Signal Ground
Note: Direction is Computer relative Printer.

Information from The Hardware Book

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back