Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

The Titanic

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcbheaven.com

Hey!!!

I want to make remote boat. A big one as 1 meter long or something. For this i need a motor and a propeller. For the propeller i think of hacking one of those 40-50mm old blowers i own. But for the motor, i am looking a 9-12V (better 12V) DC motor around 900-1100 rpm (better 1100) with enough torque.

Any suggestions?
Thanks

P.S. Any suggestion also for submerged sonar system would be nice, not necessary though

How are you going to water proof it? The motors from battery powered drills work quiet well.

For a motor just Google "hobby motor" and look for something appropriate.

For a sonor system you might be able to hack a fishfinder to do what you want.

They'll work blueroom, just not very well, probably need to be slowed down quiet a bit.

They'll work blueroom, just not very well, probably need to be slowed down quiet a bit.

Of course a fan propeller will also work in water.

The question is efficiency.

There are hundreds of different diameter and pitch boat propellers available at model shops.

If the OP wants an extaordinary drive shaft including a suitable propeller he might check out Bellmann drives (NL). Bellmann makes fine propellers cast of bronce.

Boncuk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back