Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

The Passing of Peter H. Anderson

Status
Not open for further replies.

3v0

Coop Build Coordinator
Forum Supporter
I am a little late with this but I only came across the today,

Peter died Sept 19 2012 of 'complications after brain surgery'. Peter was only 66. Peter did a lot to promote micro controller development.

My grad school adviser was about the same age when he died from inoperable brain cancer. There used to be talk that computer monitors caused brain cancer but researchers could not establish a link.
Still it has me wondering if maybe the people who used early CRTs are at risk. Regardless I am glad to be sitting in front of LCD monitors.

I am a little late with this but I only came across the today,

Peter died Sept 19 2012 of 'complications after brain surgery'. Peter was only 66. Peter did a lot to promote micro controller development.

My grad school adviser was about the same age when he died from inoperable brain cancer. There used to be talk that computer monitors caused brain cancer but researchers could not establish a link.
Still it has me wondering if maybe the people who used early CRTs are at risk. Regardless I am glad to be sitting in front of LCD monitors.

I have often thought about that. As techs that sit behind the thin glass at the back of the Tube......we were probably sterile after just a few years...I don't know......I think I know that I have no kids that I am aware of :eek:

That, however, might explain why I am getting crazier and crazier....

Jeepers, my Mind is not what is was a while back.

Regards,
tvtech

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back