Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

The meaning of "Smilies symbols"

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPDCHK

This tread is to reference to a smiley symbol mostly used by Sceadwian

=)

I had to Google to find what it means. According to **broken link removed** site, the meaning of the =) smiley is being surprised.

I only have 10 Smilies available for use when I do a reply. It this the norm or do other users have more?

You can have it mean whatever you want, I've been using that smiley for... 1 2 3... umm probably 20 years now =) I use it cause I think the eyes look more friendly than one's with colons for eyes. I do a little doodle on greeting cards or hand written notes that looks just like it but with eyebrows. I like smiling =)

This tread is to reference to a smiley symbol mostly used by Sceadwian

=)

I had to Google to find what it means. According to **broken link removed** site, the meaning of the =) smiley is being surprised.

I only have 10 Smilies available for use when I do a reply. It this the norm or do other users have more?

Hi SPD,
If your browswer is Mozilla Firefox, get the Smiles Xtra addon.

Have you sorted the log on/off problem from home.?

I've always prefered good old text smiles. Then again I'm old school as far as chatting goes.

Nahh, the ( is too submissive looking, and I've never seen a nose on a smiley I liked =)

Is there one that relates to giving the middle finger? :confused:
If there is, its going on my signature! :D

(But only for the first hour or two of every day when I get out of bed.) ;)

:) After that the yellow happy faces will come back! :)

Ha! I like that one! ..l..

I will have to see what mood I wake up in tomorow! :D

Yesterday I spent 5 hours putting in $1000 custom CD player and sound system in my dads lincoln.
Now he wants me to take it out because the sound quality is not any better on the AM station he listens too and he cant figure out how to run the CD player (Put it in and leave it alone is too hard to handle I guess.)
He wanted me to install the XM radio and CD head unit but still keep the old factory tape deck as well!?! :confused:
He's a public school administrator so reading instructions, learning new things, and making changes in his life are not his thing! :mad:

I already know who I want to give a few ..l.. to right now! ;)

Ahh, what we do for family =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back