Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

The Iraqi Reveloution has Begun !

Status
Not open for further replies.

3v0

Coop Build Coordinator
Forum Supporter
I was just chatting with a member from Iraq and was informed that the Iraqi people are revolting. I have no idea what take the US or Iraqi government(s) have on this subject so not naming names may help protect people.

My first thought is for the safety of our Iraqi members and everyone involved.

EDIT: It has been brought to my attention that this could just be a protest. Like most things in this world there are shades of gray. Is it a vigorous protest or a non vigorous revolution.

Last edited:
Also in Oman , Egypt , Yemen & Tunisia. The big worry is that all these places have no capable opposition parties to take the place of the existing government. The only alternative party that has any degree of organisation is the Moslem Brotherhood. They are seen to be low key "moderates" but who knows what will happen if they end up in power.

That is the bane of new governments, there are always new would-be corrupt leaders waiting to take the place of the old corrupt leaders. It's true that the price of freedom is eternal vigilance. The problem is that TV pundits like Rush Limbaugh and Glen Beck, as well as other forms of corrupt cultural leaders like the sheiks that promote terrorism, make it so that even when there is vigilance, it is often looking the wrong way.

That is the bane of new governments, there are always new would-be corrupt leaders waiting to take the place of the old corrupt leaders. It's true that the price of freedom is eternal vigilance. The problem is that TV pundits like Rush Limbaugh and Glen Beck, as well as other forms of corrupt cultural leaders like the sheiks that promote terrorism, make it so that even when there is vigilance, it is often looking the wrong way.

In the past these regions have learned to believe success is how long you stay in power. Power corrupts, ultimate power corrupts ultimately. Kadafi, Saddam are good examples of that, they rise in power by taking out opposition each succession, then prompted to follow the previous rulers and so on. (Why break the wheel if it works)

In the past these regions have learned to believe success is how long you stay in power. Power corrupts, ultimate power corrupts ultimately. ... (Why break the wheel if it works)
(bold mine)
The people taking part in the revolution will tell you the wheel is broken.

I have been told the problem is not with the top leadership alone but with the society norms.

Their power grid is one example. It operates much like you would expect in a 3rd world country.

One would question why because sufficient money has been allocated for the maintenance, and operation of the system. The problem is that it is normal even expected that people embezzle at all levels. A position of power as an opportunity to fill their pockets and the rest of the people live with the results.

Maybe the wheel is not broken after all... it is just a different sort of wheel.

(bold mine)
The people taking part in the revolution will tell you the wheel is broken.

I have been told the problem is not with the top leadership alone but with the society norms.

Their power grid is one example. It operates much like you would expect in a 3rd world country.

One would question why because sufficient money has been allocated for the maintenance, and operation of the system. The problem is that it is normal even expected that people embezzle at all levels. A position of power as an opportunity to fill their pockets and the rest of the people live with the results.

Maybe the wheel is not broken after all... it is just a different sort of wheel.

As long as there is sectarian violence and as long as al-Qaeda is allow to strike, their will be no services restored. I know it from stories told by our own serviceman, ((Quote: When your up on a pole and look around you suddenly realize, you are an easy target))

Part of the unrest was spoken of and spells out the problems facing the country held hostage by it own Ideology's.

URL: Until the country can live together in peace they will continue to struggle over power. Either under one rule or the other.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back