Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

The global warming swindle TV program

Status
Not open for further replies.
I definately wasnt relying on the info i posted. I watched some show on national geographic, so blame them!

Lol anybody ever see the south park episode with al gore and man bear pig? Im super serial!

Hero999 said:
It isn't the melting of the ice caps that would cause the sea level to rise (try putting an ice cube in a glass of water full to the brim and it won't over flow), it's the ice on the land melting that will cause the sea level to rise.
I think I'll get my opinions on global warming from someone who at least knows that most of the world's ice caps are over land, not water. I mean, let's face it, you're spouting opinions, not facts, or research, or evidently not even well thought-out reasoning. Why not cut to the chase on this thread and admit that if there ever is or isn't a threat to the global climate that all you'll do is twiddle your thumbs and pretend you know what's going on?

It's no big deal really, I mean a few degrees warmer and there's still the same amount of H20 around, just in a different form. We're not too reliant on the various movements of water (or vapour or ice). Whenever I want a glass of water, I just take a drink. Sometimes I leave a glass out so long it evaporates, but that's no biggy, there's still the same amount of total H20. I just wait until the water comes back to my glass again. Yep, I'll just wait for the cycle of water. No more need for any effort on my part, I already filled the glass once, it'll come back.

Last edited:
Hank Fletcher said:
I think I'll get my opinions on global warming from someone who at least knows that most of the world's ice caps are over land, not water. I mean, less face it, you're spouting opinions, not facts, or research, or evidently not even well thought-out reasoning. Why not cut to the chase on this thread and admit that if there ever is or isn't a threat to the global climate that all you'll do is twiddle your thumbs and pretend you know what's going on?

It's no big deal really, I mean a few degrees warmer and there's still the same amount of H20 around, just in a different form. We're not to reliant on the various movements of water (or vapour or ice). Whenever I want a glass of water, I just take a drink. Sometimes I leave a glass out so long it evaporates, but that's no biggy, there's still the same amount of total H20. I just wait until the water comes back to my glass again. Yep, I'll just wait for the cycle of water. No more need for any effort on my part, I already filled the glass once, it'll come back.

Wow, the first paragraph was rather rude, yet I agree with you on the second paragraph.

Souper man said:
...you dont need to say anything rude yourself...
...if you dont have much of anything to contribute to a conversation, dont jump in!
So in what terms did you agree with my second paragraph? Simply saying "I agree" is an injustice to you, as you haven't clarified yourself on either side of the satirical nature of that paragraph.

Hank Fletcher said:
I think I'll get my opinions on global warming from someone who at least knows that most of the world's ice caps are over land, not water.
I knew that, where did I say otherwise?

I mean, let's face it, you're spouting opinions, not facts, or research, or evidently not even well thought-out reasoning.
I've posted a mixture of all of the above.

Why not cut to the chase on this thread and admit that if there ever is or isn't a threat to the global climate that all you'll do is twiddle your thumbs and pretend you know what's going on?
Have you read all of the IPCC's reports?

Alright, critism taken I haven't so I suppose I can't really comment. It's a shame because I was planning to read it at work when I wasn't busy but it's just my luck that just after I'd finished my PIC programmer they gave me work. :( There again I it's good as I know they're not going to make me redundant. :)

It's no big deal really, I mean a few degrees warmer and there's still the same amount of H20 around, just in a different form.
Actually, just to be picky, there'll be more H2O around as all oil derived fuels contain hydrogen which forms water vapour when burned.

We're not too reliant on the various movements of water (or vapour or ice).
I suppose it doessn't matter we only rely on the above to help redistribute the heat around the world, water our crops, to wash and drink etc.:rolleyes:

Whenever I want a glass of water, I just take a drink. Sometimes I leave a glass out so long it evaporates, but that's no biggy, there's still the same amount of total H20. I just wait until the water comes back to my glass again. Yep, I'll just wait for the cycle of water. No more need for any effort on my part, I already filled the glass once, it'll come back.
Too bad if the climate changes in your area so it doesn't rain and you can't live.

If the climate changes, and its unliviable in one area, why not just pack-up and move to a more favoriable area? Like Canada (should be thawed out by then...), or Alaska (guess they weren't so crazy after all).
Personally, I don't see any major sudden changes. There will be many years to adapt or relocate. There are people living in almost every enviroment availiable on this planet, the species will survive. Perhaps some of the weak and fragile types (lawyers and politicians) won't make it, but there are far too many anyway, also like the major cause of this panic-attack, not CO2 emissions...

Hero999 said:
I knew that, where did I say otherwise?

Hero999 said:
It isn't the melting of the ice caps that would cause the sea level to rise...

Hank Fletcher said:
I think I'll get my opinions on global warming from someone who at least knows that most of the world's ice caps are over land, not water.

Hero999 said:
...it's the ice on the land melting that will cause the sea level to rise.
You got that last part right, and I get your point all around. My point is there are more ice caps or ice sheets over land than there are over water. As far as I know, the dubious myth that, for instance, melting icebergs will somehow cause ocean waterlevels to rise was something started by airhead, opportunist news reporters, not serious climatologists.

Hero999 said:
I suppose it doessn't matter we only rely on the above to help redistribute the heat around the world, water our crops, to wash and drink etc.

Hero999 said:
Too bad if the climate changes in your area so it doesn't rain and you can't live.
These last two responses are indicative of the danger of using satire: that the satire will be lost and taken literally, either by mistake, or worse, on purpose. To be fair, when I said "you" in my original reply, I was using it more in a plural sense than Hero999 specifically, it just seemed most appropriate to continue the discussion where it'd left off, hence the tie-in. As to the IPCC reports, I'd wager you know more about that than I do, but I still prefer to go to the horse's mouth and form my own conclusions on their research - I applaud you for doing as much, and encourage those who have the energy to form their own informed opinions (as oppose to the brainwashed drones) to do the same.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back