Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

The Final Exam

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeepItSimpleStupid

Most Helpful Member
The Final Exam

At Penn State University , there were four sophomores taking chemistry, and all of them had an 'A', so far. These four friends were so confident that, the weekend before finals, they decided to visit some friends and have a big party.
They had a great time but, after all the hearty partying, they slept all day Sunday and didn't make it back to Penn State until early Monday morning.

Rather than taking the final then, they decided that after the final they would explain to their professor why they missed it. They said that they visited friends, but on the way back, they had a flat tire. As a result, they missed the final. The
professor agreed they could make up the final the next day. The guys were excited and relieved. They studied that night for the exam.

The next day the Professor placed them in separate rooms and gave them a test
booklet. They quickly answered the first problem worth 5 points. Cool, they thought. Each one in separate rooms, thinking this was going to be easy.... then they turned the page. On the second page was written.....

For 95 points: Which tire?_________

It would be - except they wouldn't be allowed to retake at all, it would be an instant fail (and zero points) on that exam.

A flat tyre would be no excuse :p

That depends. I once missed a final exam with an even worse excuse. My professor allowed to to make it up. He gave me the make up exam on the spot, in his office, glaring down at the the entire time :)

That depends. I once missed a final exam with an even worse excuse. My professor allowed to to make it up. He gave me the make up exam on the spot, in his office, glaring down at the the entire time :)

Obviously it's a lot more lax over there! :D

Both this Christmas and last we've had heavy snow and transport disruption, in order to escape a zero mark you have to produce serious documentation of the reason, such as letters from the Police that it was too bad to drive, or from the Railways that all trains had been cancelled over a good few possible days.

Only then would you be allowed a retake.

Not really. The Electrical Engineering department at the U of A was a small contingent. Only about 1 out of every 10 who started the program were able to finish it. By the time we were down to a precious few, we had an established relationship with the staff and faculty. They knew who was going to try to BS them and who wasn't.

It didn't always work though. Once I had finished a course with 899 points out of 900 requried for an "A" I lobbied my prof for the grade after missing by only a single point ( out of 1000 possible ) but was flatly denied.

Last edited:
So, anyone who makes up the "flat tire" excuse, make sure to agree on which tire it will be before taking the exam! :D

In one of my classes, someone asked when are we going to have an exam/ Tech aid, "You don't know anything yet"!

But I still like the guy that taught thermodynamics. The exams were part closed and part open book. Same sitting.

My best classes were the ones I played the part of "the ghost"

The standard rule applies, the correct answer is right front.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back