Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

The day after.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will have very special celebrations for our 30th wedding anniversary.
Then 40th. Then 50th. Then I'll be too old to celebrate another decade.

Congratulations.
I've been happily married for 29.75 years.

Only in an electronics forum could you find someone that would tell you how long they've been married using a decimal point.

Sceadwian said:
Only in an electronics forum could you find someone that would tell you how long they've been married using a decimal point.
I have a countdown to my 30th wedding anniversary.

Because my 30th wedding anniversary is next year, I didn't see which day of the week it will be on.
Isn't a "hex" bad luck?

OutToLunch said:
and one of the first signs of allslimers is repeating yourself...

or something like that...

i can't remember

:p
I believe the first signs of Alzheimer's are poor grammar and misspelling.:p

I get e-mails about pills that will make me bigger and will enhance my hexlife.
I am big enough (maybe a little too big) and my hexlife is fine.

I can't remember if I have Alzheimer's disease or not.

All of me isn't a little too big. Just a part of me. The part that those phoney pills are supposed to enlarge.

50 years married to the same woman this past September... so it can be done. :>)

Forget those "enlargement" pills and supplements. That certain part of the male anatomy is a muscle. You increase muscle mass through increased protein intake and regular exercise. So, a regular sexercise program, coupled with a higher protein diet should before long have a guy lifting 2-5 lb. dumbells using their "member"!!:rolleyes:

HiTech said:
That certain part of the male anatomy is a muscle.
A quaint but erroneous assumption, according to this:
https://www.teenhealthfx.com/answers/Sexuality/1845.html
Though the penis actually extends far into the body, almost to the rectum, it contains no muscles and cannot be enlarged by exercise.

As for the protein thing, the jury's still out on that one for me. Until very recently, I was getting about 60g of protein from whey powder a day. I'd started taking that when I was underweight after having a bad accident about ten years ago. At the time of the accident, I was in great shape, but being on nothing but IV for a week, my body completely atrophied. I lost over 50lbs in a week! I was all muscle, but after the accident, I was nothing but skin and bones. Apparently it was pretty scary for my friends to see me change like that, but due to the nature of the acccident (head injury), I was pretty clueless, even to a proper solution for my situation, for a long time.

A couple years after the accident I started excericising regularly again, and pretty hard. Because I had a lot of will power, but little muscle (and quite frankly, a poor diet) I had all kinds of problems, e.g. shin splints because I was pushing my body harder that it was conditioned for. So I figured, "I need more muscle, so I'll start taking whey." Big mistake, including everytime I've chosen to take a quick-fix supplement (other than B-12, but that's another story) other than eat properly.

So what happened? I put on weight, got muscle, but got fat, so I had to work harder, so I got more muscle, but constantly got fat at the same time. If I missed the gym for some reason, I didn't change my diet that day, so you do the math! The thing is, it was really easy to fall into a dietary habit, and forget the original purpose of starting that diet.

Recently I read an awesome book called Skinny *****. To everyone out there: get it. Totally opened my mind to what I was putting in my body. To summarize it: less cheese, more fruit. That's over-simplified, but the books a great read.

Like I said, I still don't know what I know about protein, but the skinny bitches who wrote that book definitely made me think twice. I've been off the whey protein for two weeks, been excercising more, and all I can say is: I feel frickin' awesome!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back