Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

TGS 2600 sensor problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

c00113082

Hi guys this is my first post as i have currently hit a stand still in my third year eelectronics problem and im hoping someone can guide me in the right direction ive tried all other options been googling infor for weeks and nothing that explains the problem!

I have a sensor that i will be outputting too the ADC0808 ive a few others too but there not causing me problems like this particular sensor.. The sensor is the TGS 2600 and is used too monitor air quality.. Im having difficulties interfacing this and where too even begin with it.. I.E calculating the RL among other things.. I dont understand what value i will get out and how too interpret it.. The microcontroller if anyone is interested is the 8952/3 there both options at this stage.. What external circuitry if any do i need ive been researching some comparator circuits but havent found what i need..

Any feedback or if anyone needs more iinfo please get back too me

Hi guys this is my first post as i have currently hit a stand still in my third year eelectronics problem and im hoping someone can guide me in the right direction ive tried all other options been googling infor for weeks and nothing that explains the problem!

I have a sensor that i will be outputting too the ADC0808 ive a few others too but there not causing me problems like this particular sensor.. The sensor is the TGS 2600 and is used too monitor air quality.. Im having difficulties interfacing this and where too even begin with it.. I.E calculating the RL among other things.. I dont understand what value i will get out and how too interpret it.. The microcontroller if anyone is interested is the 8952/3 there both options at this stage.. What external circuitry if any do i need ive been researching some comparator circuits but havent found what i need..

Any feedback or if anyone needs more iinfo please get back too me

Never heard of the TGS2600 but typing into google gave me

https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2009/02/rej06b0194.pdf

Which seems to explain most things you need to know about the little blighter... have you seen this?

hi to everyone

i'm also having problems using TGS2600. i don't know how to convert the voltage output value in a concentration value in parts per milion.
Can anyone help me?

hi to everyone

i'm also having problems using TGS2600. i don't know how to convert the voltage output value in a concentration value in parts per milion.
Can anyone help me?

Well, looking at the data sheet which is still available from the link above, the ppm value is determined by the type of gas that you are measuring and the resistance of the sensor. These things are supplied in a sensitivity characteristics graph in the data sheet. Program your microcontroller / computer or whatever to do the conversion using a lookup table maybe?

Seems to me though that if your sample contained a mixture of gases then you would never be able to tell, with this particular sensor, what the actual ppm of any given one was...

CF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back