Texas Instruments Microcontrollers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electrix

Hey..
I need some help ! I need to do a project using a TI Microcontroller. I've never used a TI Chip before, I've only tried my hand at PICs.
Please suggest which TI chip should I begin with. Pls note it does not matter whether it's a 8/16 bit ,low/high pin count..

Also the chip should be in DIP form and its programmer schematic & software be avaiable so that I can start quickly.

Guys, this is urgent for me, so plz help.

go to www.ti.com/msp430 there is plenty of information on getting started at the website.

i think that the programmer schematics are available on the website and i havent seen an MSP430 in a DIP package. tell me if you find one.

by the way, why are u planning to switch from PICs to MSP430

Well, firstly the MSP 430 DOES NOT come in DIP.

I recently attended the MSP 430 Workshop and was throughly impressed. They are really cool low power MCUs.

Besides we have a project compt at college and want improve my project performance with the TI Chips.

Well you wont find TI microcontroller chips in DIP package but you can always use IC sockets.
And as far as MSP 430 programming goes search for MSP430 Bootloader (BSL) on TI website. you should find a document may be titled as BSL Demo in which you can find info for both hardware and software to program the IC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…