Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Tetris pcboards

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDEB

Am designing, just for fun if it is doable a Tetris pcboard using all SMD
as of right now the board is 135mm x 60mm. working on getting it more compact.
Is there any interest in boards?

Am designing, just for fun if it is doable a Tetris pcboard using all SMD...

"...if it is doable...."

Why would it not be doable???

If you use MSOP or TSSOP packages, plan to get a stencil made. It will be difficult to assemble otherwise....and difficult for anyone else without the stencil as well.

thanks
diptrace says the package I have is a QFP - 44 12 x 12 x .8
I have a pcboard layout done but not sure if I have them made if they are marketable.

here is a jpeg at 300dpi of board

Attachments

• jpeg of board.zip
    540.8 KB · Views: 200
Looking at the schematic for this, you'll need to add a 10k pullup resistor to /MCLR. It's a wonder this circuit ever worked reliably.

good catch
one issue I ran into was the led matrix. There are so many and different pin outs. locating a source that is priced within reason.
With all the different sources on Ebay but most lack a data sheet.
one company I found was KYSAN electronics. NOTE using a 20mm square led matrix.
Kingbright dosen't have one and Tayda electronics has no data sheet. Sure Electronics is out as well.
The board is using from Kysan electronics. Looking at selling the boards w/ led matrix

Have you considered that Graham's design and code are not yours to sell?

And about how you'll provide support to people who buy your boards?

People that buy a board are on their own for assembly and download the code from DDIY
As for the board design, It IMO is different by more than 10%
But yes I have looked for Graham on facebook or contact email but havn't yet had any success.

FYI Material on Digital-DIY is licenced under Creative Commons BY-SA. It may be informative to read about derivative works and understand the Share-Alike concept. I believe the same is true at ElectroTech as well.

SmartSelectImage_2017-01-11-08-19-30.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back