Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Testing Motor Circuit Design

Status
Not open for further replies.

WD-40

Hey guys I'm obviously new, and need help quick. I want to design a circuit to control a motor to constantly cylce(open/close) a large valve used in power plants for lifespan simulating purposes.

I want the motor to rotate in the CW direction for say around 5 seconds, and then in the CCW direction for the same amount of time. I want this to continue to cycle until I turn it off, possibly 2 to 3 days.

I already have a used drill motor. Its a DC 14V motor from a cordless drill. I'm thinking it won't pull more than 3 or 4 amps. I need the big motor because a large amount of torque is needed to turn the valve, I also need this to be fairly low speed.

Any help you guys can give would be great.

thanks,
WD

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back