Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

testing a serial COM port

Status
Not open for further replies.

large_ghostman

Most Helpful Member
hi i have a pc that runs win7 64 bit it came with no com ports so dad got me a dual pci serial port card for the pc. i have installed it and installed the drivers on the disk but i dont seem to be able to get a pic to send information to it so is there anyway i can test the COM ports on the pc? i have checked device manager and they show up there with no errors showing. is there anyway i can get characters to echo bach through a terminal program or somethiing???
thank you LG

Connect pins 2 and 3 together. Then in a terminal program you should see an echo of anything typed.

Last edited:
ok thank you i will try that

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back