Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Testing 14 pin nangate Ic

Status
Not open for further replies.
That has schmitt trigger inputs so can't be tested just digitally. A simple go/no go approach would be to test each gate using something like,
Nand.jpg

You would also need to connect the supply pins.

Mike.

Will this test circuit tell me if the gates are faulty or only one gate .As I will have to test each one

The number on the Ic is CD 4093 BCN
k resistor from each input to ground. Apply power to 9 to 15vdc as Vcc

Then use a probe at Vcc level and touch one and both inputs on each gate while checking output level.

58F8C88F-59BE-40B8-9D2A-E3927A88EA55.jpeg

Is 1&2 , 5& 6 , 9&8 , 13&12 connected to negative I have red post and you have mentioned what I want to know

Last edited:
You'll have to test each gate separately and all unused inputs (6 of them - not 8) should be connected to positive or ground. Might be easier to setup the circuit at one end and use flying leads to each gate to test.

Mike.

Is 1&2 , 5& 6 , 9&8 , 13&12 connected to negative I have red post and you have mentioned what I want to know

In my circuit, all of those input pins are connected to a 10k resistor, and the other end of the 10k resistors connected to ground. Then you can use a pair of jumper wires (one end of each jumper connected to Vcc) to test each gate (one at a time) with all four truth table options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back