Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Tesla Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Take us to the next step...

To me the motor was pretty much irrelevent. It just pointed me in the direction of investigating how batteries charged and which loads actually consume power when placed in series with a charging battery. You can try the experiment yourself. However, plan on spending a large part of a day doing the load testing also to verify you have stable results. I would say it would take at least 8 charge and discharge cycles to be pretty confident the results are stable.

The problem is that you aren't resolving the "free energy" problem. You are working with a lossy system that feeds the output back into the input (soething that's regularly done in electronics). Except that, unlike a circuit that utilizes the efficiency gained as a way to reduce overall power consumption, your setup merely circulates the electricity until the battery finally discharges. I suppose one could rationalize that, if the experiment were done on a cold day, the heat generated during battery discharge could be used to heat the room but, other than that, what's the point?

I mean it's good that you are curious enough to try this (heaven knows I've built plenty of stuff that didn't work just to see what would happen) but, I don't think this one will ever get you any closer to you over-unity dream. If your joy is dinking around with high school level, DC basics and a dream...continue. If you'd prefer to do something practical and useful with electronics, you might want to try something else.

The reason we're not particularly interested in trying out your experiment for ourselves is that we already know what will happen and prefer to do something that will challenge us a bit more than draining the charge from a battery.

I dont think we are really understanding each other but that is ok. We can agree to disagree on this topic. Ill continue working on my project and see how it turns out.

Chad

Good Luck on finding the grail...

I dont think we are really understanding each other but that is ok. We can agree to disagree on this topic. Ill continue working on my project and see how it turns out.

I think you're right. I guess all we can hope for is that when you do succeed in your over-unity quest you'll be able to explain it to us in terminology that we can understand rather than your own special code language.

Last edited:

Chad

For about the 70 bazillionth time, if you will PLEASE post your setup and methodology, we will not have to deal with any misunderstanding. A simple diagram of your setup is all it will take for us to be talking about the same thing.

But yeah, so far to me is sounds like a heater which uses the batteries as the heating elements.

Torben

Sheesh...

For about the 70 bazillionth time, if you will PLEASE post your ...

Damnit, boy! I've told you a MILLION times not to exaggerate!

Well, he's got his dream and I don't think he's going to let a piddly little thing like electrical resistance get in the way of his progress.

Perhaps if he dresses up like a buffoon and waves some smoke around in the air while mumbling incantations in Latin, he can get some supernatural assistance on his project? (Okay, okay...that was a cheap shot...but very much in character for one such as myself.)

You know, I think we really shouldn't discuss this because it will become one more thing the Office for the Suppression of Technological Advancement has squashed. One more great invention suppressed by the guv-a-munt. Just like OSTA got the 100 year lightbulb and the water powered car.

Cloak and dagger

You know, I think we really shouldn't discuss this because it will become one more thing the Office for the Suppression of Technological Advancement has squashed. One more great invention suppressed by the guv-a-munt. Just like OSTA got the 100 year lightbulb and the water powered car.

Shhhhhhhhh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back