tesla coil tuner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi Lokey.

In order to tune a Tesla coil with a function generator, you will also need an oscilloscope. If you have one, then you're all set--Just use the procedure described .
If you don't have an oscilloscope, it would be easiest to just build the tuner in the link you posted. It only requires a few readily-available components and will cost less than $5 to build.

Good luck!
Der Strom

so i picked up a tektronix scope on craigslist. when i use a function generater as described here: http://www.hvtesla.com/tuning.html

i know there is a resonant frequency and then smaller harmonics of the frequency. will resonance be the first peak as i sweep through the frequency range of the function generator?

Last edited:
This has absolutely nothing to do with Tesla Coil Tuning.

Hello DerStrom8
I like the Christmas Hat on Nikola Tesla, he probably would have approved too.

Regards meanu

i know there is a resonant frequency and then smaller harmonics of the frequency. will resonance be the first peak as i sweep through the frequency range of the function generator?
No it will be the largest peak.

Oh, I'm sorry. I must have missed this post. But yes, as Andy said, it will be the peak with the highest amplitude.

This has absolutely nothing to do with Tesla Coil Tuning.

Hello DerStrom8
I like the Christmas Hat on Nikola Tesla, he probably would have approved too.

Regards meanu

Haha, well thank you. I guess it's about time I take that off now, huh?

Just for future reference, that may have been a better thing to say in a PM...

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…