Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Tesla Coil Primary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since most neon signs are used in bars, go to the older drinking establishments in the area. Many times the neon tubes stop working and the owners take the sign down and put them in the basement or attic. The glass tubes then get broken. That's where I got my first couple of sign transformers, for free. So until you ask around you never know.

Ugh! What should I look for to find this kind of stuff!? The nearest neon sign shop according to Apple maps is over an hour away! Should I look for pawn shops, flea markets, maybe junk yards? There Æ some cheap NSTs on eBay, but at the highest in my budget are rated for about 200 watts.
There is a good Tesla Coil build article in the April issue of Nuts & Volts magazine. It is on the website right now. It has parts list, schematics and everything. Check it out.

There is a good Tesla Coil build article in the April issue of Nuts & Volts magazine. It is on the website right now. It has parts list, schematics and everything. Check it out.

Could you post a link?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back