Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Temporarily increase voltage from 0.7v to 1.1v

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about sharing the data sheet of the IC you are using.

dknguyen,
I don't think a 555 will work as a boost converter at Vcc=0.7v.

ee0jmt,
What's the IC? Are you intending to run from a small solar cell?

ken

...I have a 0.7V power source and an IC that will run from 0.7V but it initially requires 1.1V.

Is there a way I can temporarily increase the voltage from 0.7v to 1.1v during switch on?
[/url]

Only by using a small battery; it doesn't need much capacity, but it would have to isolated once the smps starts running.

Wait a minute here. It's not like you have the ability to tell the input to drop to 0.7V after startup. The feature is designed to keep the system working after startup at 1.1V down to 0.7V. You realize that when the input drops to 0.7V, the chip has to work harder to compensate for the drop in input voltage. I can't imagine that you would actually want to work on the edge like that since you would be on the brink of failure pretty much all the time. A couple of millivolts of ripple on the input and your output will collapse.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back