Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Telephone to computer headset

Status
Not open for further replies.

silverchris

I Have this old telephone that I would like to use as a computer head set. But I would like to be able to do it without changing any hardware inside the phone. Is this possible?
Thanks,
Silverchris

Well I would like to keep everything connected so you could basicaly connect any phone to it by plugin it in. Also I would keep the dial pad so I can make cool tones :)

You can not use the keypad, it will require 48VDC. At least on the old phones, not sure if the sound card will like that, sure there is a cap isolating it.

My thought, don't put too much time into it.

I'm sure you can buy what you want somewhere though, call centres must get them somehow. Otherwise I guess a magnetic pickup on the reciever and tranducer on the mouthpiece connected with suitable amplifiers will give acceptable quality.

Oh they exists, but they are more than a phone handset. What you said will work, still no DTMF, but all that work to make it. I would get a $20 headset.

Sounded like they just wanted the phone to work like a headset (ear piece and mic), so some work at he can be done.

If you want to play with the internet, make calls, and hear DTMF, google for YAK FOR FREE.. I use it to talk to a relative in Clearwater. Works well..
Think the download was called eyebeam*.*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back