Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Tektronix TDS CRT Repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donny3000

Hello Everyone,

I have acquired a Tek TDS544A Oscilloscope that had a faulty CRT that needed replacing. I was able to find a replacement CRT from Clinton electronics, but I noticed that the original CRT screen has another screen in front of it, which has some additional wiring coming off of it. This additional screen seems to be attached to the CRT with some kind of black rubber-like compound. I believe this screen is to display the soft menu items of the system. I was wondering if anyone has had to replace such a CRT display for these scopes and, if so, how they went about modifying the new display to work with the o'scope. Any help or information would be greatly appreciated.​

Thanks,
Donald

Donny it's impolite to cross post a question, pick one catagory and use that one only. The serious posters here monitor all the different sub forums so you're not getting any extra exposure to your question.

My intention was not to cross post to somehow create a larger viewing audience. It seems that I failed to communicate in this thread that I had re-posted this question in the "Consumer Electronics Repair" forum because it was more fitting. I was trying to figure out how to move my thread from this forum to the "Consumer Electronics Repair" forum, but I wasn't sure how. My apologies if I came across as being impolite because of my lack of forum posting knowledge.

Regards,
Donny3000

Replacement CRT for TDS5xx scope

Take a look at this...

**broken link removed**

Although I heard of it being done, removing and mounting the LCD shutter to the front of the CRT is difficult and messy (the cavity between the two is filled with optical gel).

David.

Thanks, for the link. That solution sound promising and I think that is probably the route that I will go down. Although, I did send him and e-mail requesting more info, but he doesn't have any for sale yet. So, we'll see I guess.

-Donald

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back