Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Techtronix type 544 oscope

Status
Not open for further replies.

windozeuser

I have a Techtronix type 544 oscilloscope thing is a beast weighs like 100 pounds has like 10 ECC88 tubes in it, my main concern is that the huge fan on the back of it has this black air filter, and it basically crumbed everywhere. The filter just fell apart into like almost dust, and I want to make sure that this doesn't contain asbestos?

Does anybody know This scope is from like 1970

My 544 scope had a dark grey plastic foam air filter, had to remove and wash out the dust from time to time as it became clogged, no sign of asbestos in any of the Techtronix scopes I have used.

E.

Thanks, yeah this is the original I think it was never changed, hence the reason it crumbled, its black/gray could have been foam at one point but no telling with it crumbled haha

thank god it doesn't have Abestos in it

Probably the most hazardous thing about those old oscilloscopes is the weight.

Mind your back when you pick it up, and dont drop it on your foot!

JimB

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back