Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Technics SL-3200 vintage turntable repair - 45 not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

max1

Hi, first of all sorry for my lack of skill level regarding this. I have a Technics SL-3200 & the 45 speed is not working, 33 is fine. Was wondering if anyone has any knowledge of the circuitry ? I’ve got it apart & can’t see any obvious cracks/physical damage on any of the PCB’s. I can see from the schematic that the simple 33 & 45 switching circuit share the same path back to IC1 (AN630U). Im not sure how IC1 handles these two voltages though & for what reason only the 33 speed is getting triggered. Maybe I should start by reflowing some of the relevant solder points. Voltages are good for 33 position but seem a bit skewed once in 45 position, however am unsure of correct voltages for 45 position (schematic only indicates 33 position voltages). Just wondered before I went any further if someone has experience with this old AN630 chip ? Grateful for any help whatsoever. The schematic is attached.

Attachments

• ve_technics_sl-3200_3210_service_en copy.jpg
    ve_technics_sl-3200_3210_service_en copy.jpg
    546.4 KB · Views: 455
I'd try giving the two pots/presets a slight movement either way & operate the switch a few times, to see if it's just a bad wiper connection.

The pots appear to be the only thing different between the two speeds?

[Edit - typo]

Last edited:
Possibilities:

VR4. The wiper opened. leave S2 in off and measure the resistance.

S2 oxidized. Leave S2 off and make connection with external jumper.

Clean the potentiometer and switches. Deoxit.

Thanks for the replies. Yes I was thinking there shouldn't be much to go wrong but I'm not familiar with how IC1 works & so wanted to check. Great - ill take all your advice & see what I can find. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back