Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

TC-118SD Repair - Voltage Selector

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arken

Hi, recently I got my hands on a TC-118SD that isn't working. At first sight, it only needs a plug, but the voltage selector tab has broken off (or it just never had one) and I can't tell which voltage range (110-120 or 220-240) it's set at, and also can't tell which way it went in, so I can't check the case labeling.
Is there any way to determine what it's set at without plugging it in? I have 240v in my mains, so I'll burn it if it's wrong.

Edit: The selector has three cables, orange, red and yellow in the middle. The red and orange go to a transformer, and the yellow goes to a capacitor.

Last edited:
I got it working, but now I have a different problem:

Although there is audio coming out of the headphones jack, there is none out of the line out panel in the back. Everything else seems to work fine, and I don't see any bad connections.
I can't seem to find any information about it anywhere else, either.

I have the schematics, too, but it really doesn't tell me much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back