Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Taping into painted ribbon with solder-abl ribbon cable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you mean that you want to replace the painted ribbon cable with wire ribbon cable? Typical wire ribbon has 100 mil spacing, so it should be able to fit in the holes that the socket was in.

I can't replace all the painted ribbon because it is a whole membrain. I just want to tap into it and solder new end. What connection to use? I see in my computer for hard drive the ribbon it has and can be done on my project.

Sorry, if you misunderstood me I need a new end connector not a new membrane. That product will not work thanks for help. I don't know what its called when you meet two ribbons my old painted ribbon to new hard wired ribbon that I can put a new end connector on. Please refer to original topic when I was looking for a special connector for painted ribbon cables like mine. Thanks again for any and all help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back