Talking Head Project Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sigane

Can anyone help. I'm trying to design a program and PIC board to get a model head that I've made to have speech and synchronised eyebrow and lip movements. The chip I'm using is a PIC16f872 and I am completely new at this. Has anyone tried this before?????????

Talking Head

Cheers buddy. I has seen that and its not quite what I need for my programming but its certainly helpful.
Take it easy

Re: Talking Head

sigane said:
Cheers buddy. I has seen that and its not quite what I need for my programming but its certainly helpful.
Take it easy

It could be helpful as it uses an A2D to convert the audio to move the mouth - obviously using a more modern PIC with built-in A2D would be an advantage.

You might have a look at https://www.milinst.com who sell a servo controlled animated head (Alex), and an 'audio to movement' board (Autotalk).

:?
Hello again Nigel. The project is progressing, but I need to pick yr brains again. Do you know how I can design a cct to control a servo using PWM activated by a PIC16f872 incorporating a 555 timer? It needs to have A-D modulation.
I really am considering becoming a postman at the moment ha ha!

I don't really understand the question?. Why would you want to use a 555?.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…