Talking Calculator, help with the talking part

Status
Not open for further replies.

plugo

Hello guys,

I am starting a project where a calculator plays the number clicked. I have so far a calculator working with an 18f4550 pic and LCD and 4x4 matrix keypad. I am having trouble interfacing the sounds to the calculator. can you guys help me out a lil? i dont want to use any external memory, and want to fit the sound files in the allocated 32kb of memory from the pic.

I did some quick guesstimation, you could get away with about 300 ms per digit maybe a pinch less (0 through 9) which is 3 seconds of audio. At 8khz (telephone quality) it'll take 24kbs of .wav data at 8 bits. Half if you use 4 bit differential encoding. If you do the 4 bit differential you might be able to sneak plus/minus/times/divide/percent in there if you're lucky.

I have managed to store the needed size of memory into .wav files, however, i am stuck with the programming part? do you have any examples of how i can get this to work? i know you have to make them into an array with the given .wav frequencies, but i cant find any specific examples, if you guys could provide me with some i would be very thankful. Thanks !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…