Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

TA1319AP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Srinidhi

Hi all,

I have been facing some issues with myToshiba DVD player. When I switch on the fuse blew. I tried replacing it couple of times, nothing worked.

When I checked with a knowledgeble person, he said that the problem is with the power supply board and said the Chip TA1319AP has gone bad. Unfortunately, he and I could not find this chip in local market.

Can anyone suggest me any alternative for this? Is there any similar chip, that could be used as a replacement?

(I did read someone had discusses simiar issue in this forum earlier, however, my problem seems to be bit different).

thanks for the help.
Srinidhi.

Srinidhi said:
Hi all,

I have been facing some issues with myToshiba DVD player. When I switch on the fuse blew. I tried replacing it couple of times, nothing worked.

When I checked with a knowledgeble person, he said that the problem is with the power supply board and said the Chip TA1319AP has gone bad. Unfortunately, he and I could not find this chip in local market.

Can anyone suggest me any alternative for this? Is there any similar chip, that could be used as a replacement?

(I did read someone had discusses simiar issue in this forum earlier, however, my problem seems to be bit different).

You probably need to source it as a spare from Toshiba, however, it's VERY unlikely that only the chip has failed - it's much more likely that something has caused it to fail!.

When the fuse blow in a PSU, never change it before all parts checked in primary side. First check the switching transistor (or FET), bridge rectifier and buffer capacitor. Not sure the IC-fail. Unfortunately the datasheet not found.

Thanks Nigel and Sebi,

The IC is not the only part gone bad. There were several other components (as the service person said), but we could replace them. Finally, IC is the one that is causing problems now..

>(or FET), bridge rectifier and buffer capacitor. Not sure the IC-fail. >Unfortunately the datasheet not found.

Yes, even I could not find the data sheet for this chip..

BEst regards
Srinidhi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back