Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

switch troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.

purplelirpa

I have a spst rocker switch that I'm trying to use to turn off a circuit of 3 leds. the circuit works when it's just the battery, but I'm not sure how the wiring is supposed to go on the switch.

currently, I have one of the prongs (labeled "2") to the pos wire of the battery connection and the other prong (labeled "1") connected to the last led in the series. the first led in the series is connected to the neg wire of the battery. Did I mess up somewhere?

Check to make sure the leds are wired correctly. They have a + and - side to them, Hopefully you are using a resistor to limit the current also.

leds are, they work fine w/just the battery in there, I made sure to tape them down before I disconnected the battery to add the switch. I'm just curious if I have things connected to the prongs of the switch correctly

I don't know what switch you are using, some rocker switches have a neon bulb in them as an indicator light for 120VAc. Use a multimeter to test which "prongs" you should be using.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back