Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Switch Replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

teemodel

Hi
I have an old Shopsmith (Mk VII) that all of a sudden wouldn't start. I tried replacing the capacitor but that didn't work. I suspect that it is the switch. Can anyone suggest a replacement that would work or something else to try. The wiring diagram is located at members.aol.com/rford14999/SSS.jpg
Thanks.
Bob

Shopsmith

Although I'm sure that they'd love to sell you their current model, I'd think that Shopsmith, in light of all the other competing all-in-one shop tools out there, would stand behind their older models and have an abundant supply of replacement parts for them. Have you checked with Shopsmith? Much better to replace with an orginal part vs. some goofed-up kludge switch substitute.

Dean

Dean
Mk VII was made in 62 and while they still have a manual they have no parts. I just wish I could understant the wiring diagram so I knew what all the wires into the motor were. Thanks for the help.
Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back