Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Switch on/off over internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

tovjreddy

Can any one give me a working circuit to switch a 3 phase motor at my farm house over internet ?

Thanks in Advance.

JVReddy

Good Afternoon,

I don't know where you are from, but you can try and get something like this where you are.

**broken link removed**

You can run it with a relay to switch on and of from where you like.

To turn things on/off over the internet I use one of these $100 boards.
**broken link removed**
There are several similar boards for sale.
The output is 0/5 volts that need a transistor and relay to drive your motor.
You will need to learn a little about the internet and TCPIP. The board comes with software that works and will do what you want. I modified that software to get a home control system working. (I don't know much about HTML programming) See my system at
gradllc.com/internet.HTM
(This is a copy of my system not the real thing! I don't want you turning lights on in my house)

To turn things on/off over the internet I use one of these $100 boards.
**broken link removed**
There are several similar boards for sale.
The output is 0/5 volts that need a transistor and relay to drive your motor.
You will need to learn a little about the internet and TCPIP. The board comes with software that works and will do what you want. I modified that software to get a home control system working. (I don't know much about HTML programming) See my system at
gradllc.com/internet.HTM
(This is a copy of my system not the real thing! I don't want you turning lights on in my house)

i was looking for something else when i came across this sounds fun . but the link is dead any chance of an updated link.

thanks

@Ronsimpson
webpage said:
You are talking to a 8051 computer with 40k of flash running at 20mhz.

Where on earth did you find a processor running at 20 milli-hertz? Curious. I do think you mean 20 MHz. Hertz also gets capitalized because it's a proper name.
m is milli and M is mega

I'm also not sure what a Switchs is. Switches, maybe?

You can always create a simple TX/RX circuit using 2 PIC microcontrollers and EUSART then write a simple computer program to comunicate with your PIC at 9600bps over RS232. The program(server) receive connections from a trigger application(client) which you can use to send a signal. Alternatively, you could create a simple PHP interface to send the control signal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back