Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Switch covers??

Status
Not open for further replies.

tpczx6

Hi I been looking all over the internet trying to find an item
I'm looking for a DPDT slide switch or the cover that goes over one. I can pick up the switch local but can't find a cover for it
photo attached

Any help or what this cover would be called
thanks

Attachments

• switch cover.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 131
Can you give a brand or model number for your switch? Kind of looks like a "panel mount" type switch.

I don't have the switch but I can use any one that's out there I trying to find the covers that will go over the bottom of them so wire are not exposed, I'm just looking for a name of the part that covers them like in the picture.

I've never seen those before - it may be a custom made part.

NEVER even heard of covers for slide swithces! :eek:
3d-printer would be great for stuff like this :)

There seems to be plenty of inline DC switches, but all are SPST.

I would make a small mold and epoxy mold or pot the bottom half of the switch after soldering to make it enclosed. You're not getting at the wires again, but I don't think that's a high priority for you.

I have come across similar items from time to time but it is usually a custom-made enclosure due to the switch size/orientation.
The easiest way to accomplish the same thing is to use a piece of heat shrink tubing on the lower switch body or over the entire thing with a small square cut for the lever --it gives a professional look and may take some practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back