Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Swapping out a MOSFET for as IGBT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

things

Hi, I was told that I could build this circuit **broken link removed**
and swap out the MOSFET for a big IGBT I have (FGA15N120ANTD).

However, I was told I would need to use some kind of transistor to switch the gate, and they also said to use 50% duty cycle.

Any help with these 2 things would be appreciated :)

Dan

You will need some sort of gate driver for that IGBT. It is HUGE. You can either build your own gate driver circuit (not recommended) or buy one of the many available ICs for it.

Not sure what the 50% duty cycle thing is about.

OY! you need a snubber on that... and why on earth to people insist on using 555s for things these days?

you would be better off getting a real regulator chip meant for the job than hacking some crappy 555 ckt to a fet driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back