Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Suzuki GP-3 digital piano

G1959

image.jpg
Can anyone help me?
image.jpg
I bought Suzuki gp-3 digital piano for repair. I fixed sticky keys, it plays piano voice only, none of buttons work. I discovered two connectors but couldn’t find any cables to connect them. Are they optional or something is missing?

It is possible that main board was used in several models, with different options. So, that makes it possible that those two sockets are for some option you do not have, or they might be for original testing/programming. Most likely for other options. It may have been for an add-on board also.
Since CH5-7 and CH6-7 have an "*" beside them on the silkscreen, that suggests it is an option...

none of buttons work. I discovered two connectors but couldn’t find any cables to connect them
The PCB in the photos looks more like a power / audio amp board than logic - what buttons do not work, and can you see what board they connect to??

Any photos of other board may help?

What do the other buttons do

It is possible that main board was used in several models, with different options. So, that makes it possible that those two sockets are for some option you do not have, or they might be for original testing/programming. Most likely for other options. It may have been for an add-on board also.
Since CH5-7 and CH6-7 have an "*" beside them on the silkscreen, that suggests it is an option...
I found video on YouTube that shows those two sockets same as mine so no more questions on these two sockets. Thanks

Am I imagining it, or is the connector on the end of the green PCB (bottom edge in the photo) only partly seated?

Have you measured the voltage of the CR2032 lithium battery?

Have you tried probing the control panel for voltage readings of any kind, while it's turned on? Any sign that the control panel pcb is receiving power from anywhere?

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back