Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Surveillance hook-up video/coaxial

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigJ4155

Okay let me try to explain my setup. I have a 8 channel DVR that I currently have 2 cameras hooked up to. The DVR has a video out that displays whatever cameras you have selected. This works great for running the video out to a aux input on a TV ect... Hoever what I would like to do is this :

Convert the video signal to coaxial and run it in with the cable lines in my house. So when you turn the tv to say channel 3 it displays the cameras.

I have it already setup like this using a RF modulator, when it is connected the cameras show on all tvs that are set to channel 3. However my problem is that when the rf modulator detects a signal it intefers with all other channels.

So Cable works, then plug in the video inout from the DVR and everything goes static but channel 3 with displays the cameras.

Is there a way to keep the cable working and still display the cameras on channel 24/7????

I hope this was clear enough, if not let me know what needs explained.

Thanks!!!!!!

Use a video modulator module from an old VCR. It can bypassed all channel signals AND mixed to RF out a video signal (most of case in Europe this channel the UHF24, or tuneable from 22 to 32)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back