Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Surround sound speakers to HD monitor help!!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

staticgears

could i use A fm receiver in replace of an amplifer or a surround sound receiver to connect to my monitor, i currently have 4 speakers connected via speaker wire to my fm receiver i just want sound from my Games and movies instead of fm. basically i need to use it as a power source for the speakers but i have no need for FM radio i want to hear my movies/games coming from my monitor, i have little to no hope that this will work but decided to give it a try on the forums, also its an old JVC fm/am synchronizer receiver or something like that it says on it thanks in advanced!

SOLVED, CLOSED.

Last edited:
Most old stereo receivers have an "auxilliary" input to be used with a cassette player, MP3 player or your stereo games signal.
They have a minimum load impedance which might be 8 ohms so your 4 speakers might overload your old stereo receiver.

yes i have AUX to but what kind of adapter goes into them? aslo, do you think it will work or not i'm willing to buy any cables, if it helps my HD monitor has VGA;DVI-D with HDCP;HDMI with HDCP;Audio, and the normal headset/speaker jack witch i believe they are 3.5mm? correct me. i was planing to run my ps3 directly through HDMI input but i do not like the cheap Integrated speakers.

Last edited:
You should be able to run an standard coax audio cable with the appropriate connectors from your source output to the AUX inputs on your FM receiver. You are looking for a standard analog audio output such as the 3.5mm headset/speaker jack or also called a "line out". What is the AUX connector on your FM? Is it stereo, one or two inputs?

My post is pending, i guess it has to be reviewed cause it had pictures. but yeah once its posted it will provide pictures, as i said before i'm not sure what cable connects to the AUX but there are 2 AUX inputs on the back

i really need to know what the aux inputs are called so i can get a cable to connect it to my monitor

this is what i have **broken link removed**

Last edited:
What's an audio jack?

For connecting to the the FM receiver you need audio cables with male type RCA audio connectors. I don't know how to be more clear than that.

Nevermind dude I must have ben tired i got it all to work out the RCA connectors do work. Thank you. plus REP!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back