Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

supplier of high voltage components

Status
Not open for further replies.

peter5355

I am looking for a supplier of high voltage components in the U.K. The reason for this is the Duty that I have to pay to get them posted into U.K.

any help would be much appreciated

From

peter:)

I guess a lot will depend on what the component is and how high the voltage.
Can you give us a clue?

JimB

What do you mean by high voltage?

Generally, it's above 1kV.

Althought if it's a CMOS chip, 20V is a very high voltage, if it's a MOSFET 400V is a high voltage.

Jacobs ladder

JimB said:
I guess a lot will depend on what the component is and how high the voltage.
Can you give us a clue?

JimB
Want to build a jacobs ladder using a fly back from T.V. then using a quad multiplier will use Cap and diodes

Vin is 15 KV x 2 = 30 KV for Cap and Diodes

Attachments

• Flyback driver1.jpg
    Flyback driver1.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 282
peter5355 said:
Want to build a jacobs ladder using a fly back from T.V. then using a quad multiplier will use Cap and diodes

Vin is 15 KV x 2 = 30 KV for Cap and Diodes

By the time you add the Voltage Multiplier, you won't have much current left, for a Jacobs ladder.

Although I am not in the UK, I can probably supply those parts and I Doubt you would pay any Duty on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back