Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SuperConductor Future?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mo7mad

Do you Expect That SuperConductor Will play a main Role in Electronics
in Next years.
If Yes what are the main usage will be.
Thanks For all.

Predicting the future is fraught with dispair , what often may be the best method or system is not allways implemented , market forces have a lot to answer for. For those of us old enough to recall the battle of VHS versus Betamax , are quietly booking front row seats and ordering popcorn for the upcoming spectacle of the next generation of DVD formats , of course if thats not quite your flavour watch out for holographic hard drives...

Anyhow I digress , back to superconductors.
Computers are the main focus of research, the lack of electrical resistance will enable more transistors to be packed into a smaller space without heat build up destroying them the moment you switch on.

It should be noted that this is but one avenue of research , on the one hand we have groups trying to develop viable "room temperature" super - semiconductors and on the other we have those working on semiconductors whose melting points far exceed those in use today,
the result > > chips would offer identical perfomance yet using two different systems... hmm this sounds awfully familiar

If a superconductor that can operate at room temperature is indeed invented, and it is cheap enough to produce, I would imagine that it would eventually replace just about all copper. Everything would increase in efficiency- motors, power lines, generators, radio equipment, etc etc.

:p I'm pretty sure that the superconductor for room temperature will be invented during the winter somewhere in Siberia :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back