Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Super Core projects

Status
Not open for further replies.

jobba

Hello! I just got several rolls of JFE Super Core and was wondering if anyone could give me some ideas for using this stuff. I was originally thinking of making some type of electromagnet with it. Would that work?

Jobba

Supercore is designed for high efficiency, high frequency power transformer applications. It would not make a very good electromagnet. Magnetically Soft steel is better for that purpose.

Thanks Mike. Thats pretty funny.lol. I actually did that. I was just looking for a more creative alternative to transformers etc...:D

I like metal sculptures so I'd vote for that myself. A giant mobius strip would be nice.

I know what, I'll make a sculpture and sell it on ebay ( or try). I'll most likely stick it in a gallery.

If anyone thinks of some dazzling project I can make with this stuff, let me know. I just might be crazy enough to do it!

Thanks for the input so far.

jobba

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back