Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Suitable power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

bedsingar

Hello,

I am trying to create a hollywood style dressing table mirror as part of my G/fs xmas prez, Unfortunately they don't seem to be readily available so ...

I have 17 small bulbs & sockets running in a series circuit.
I asked at maplin what a suitable powersupply would be and they have given me a 6v ac to dc supply. However once all wired up it seems that the circuit does not work - thought originally it must be a loose connection but I used a multimeter which shows that the circuit is complete - however I think it must be that the powersupply doesn't provide enough amps for the number of lightbulbs ?? - Although here I'm not sure! ...

Part details are below (with links to the parts on the maplin website)

Any help you could give me would be great & will save alot of wasted time and money!

Thanks In advance

J

Parts:
**broken link removed** (Lamp holder)
**broken link removed** (Bulbs)
**broken link removed** (Power supply )

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back