Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sudden problem with pic16f628a

Status
Not open for further replies.

fs789

hellow
i am using jdm programmer for pic16f628a and was working good until yesterday.
now when trying to program the pic16f628 with ICPROG , it gives ERROR MESSAGE. but when trying to program the pic16f84a no ERRORS OCCUR!!!!!!!
HOW CAN I KNOW IF PIC16F628A IS DAMAGED OR NOT???
PLEASE HELP ME

If you have programmed it to use the internal oscillator and MCLR off then you will need a better programmer to blank it. There can also be problems if you turn on the Timer1 oscillator as this uses the programming pins.

Mike.

If you have programmed it to use the internal oscillator and MCLR off then you will need a better programmer to blank it. There can also be problems if you turn on the Timer1 oscillator as this uses the programming pins.

Mike.

i wanted to use 20 MEGA OSCILLATOR WITH MCLR ON , AND THEN THE PROBLEM HAPPENED . PLEASE SEE THE FOLLOWING PHOTO
**broken link removed**

I have had problems with JDM and ICPROG and '628A.
It seems to be a timing problem.
Take pin 10 to 0v via 10k
Increase Vpp via an extra signal diode in series with 8v2 zener.

I have had problems with JDM and ICPROG and '628A.
It seems to be a timing problem.
Take pin 10 to 0v via 10k
Increase Vpp via an extra signal diode in series with 8v2 zener.
please explain this sentence::Increase Vpp via an extra signal diode in series with 8v2 zener??? i dont understand this!!!
iI WAS USING THIS PROGRAMMER CIRCUIT FOR PIC16F628A AND WAS SUCCESSFUL
BUT SUDDENLY GAVE ERRORS AND DIDNOT PROGRAM!!!!!!!!!
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Check Vpp it must be above 13.5v Increase it by adding a diode in series with the zener that determines Vpp.

check vpp it must be above 13.5v increase it by adding a diode in series with the zener that determines vpp.

in order to measure vpp, on which pin of the pic i must put the voltmeter???
Also,
the pic was programmable successfully , but suddenly had problems.
Do you think the pic is now damaged???
In addition,i tryed to program pic16f84a, and was successful, but pic16f628a didnot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please help me

As already suggested, the JDM is a crappy programer, and if you've accidently set the PIC to use the internal oscillator then you're unable to access it any more with a JDM.

The PIC '628A is very temperamental with JDM programmer. Sometimes, just putting your fingers on the programming voltages during programming will get the chip programmed again.
Out of a batch of chips, some will play up and others will program perfectly.
Try a 22n between pins 5 and 18 and make sure Vpp is above 13.5v

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back