Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Substitute for 1G sm transistor

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinW

I have a K1G T3 that is shorted between the base and emitter.
Can't find it on line so I'll require a substitute.
Would the bc847c be a close match?

smd transistor.JPG

I have a K1G T3 that is shorted between the base and emitter.
Can't find it on line so I'll require a substitute.
Would the bc847c be a close match?
My cheat sheet shows the K1G is an NPN transistor #MMSTA05 for which a MMSTA55 can be substituted. Measure the package and pin spacing. It comes in SOT23 and SOT323 packages. It is rated at 60V and o.5 A,

If your package is not one of those, then that ID might be wrong, as they often can be when based only on the SMD code.

EDIT: My other source doesn't show a K1G, but for the 1G it shows a BC847C with a BC547C as a substitute. Case is a SOT416. Check your measurements.

Last edited:
Thanks for looking that up jpanhalt.
My K1G is a SOT23 and the BC847C comes in that package as well.
The MMSTA05 appears to be 500mA as you said and the BC847C is 100mA.

I'd check out the datasheets for both. The 2N3904 is 200 mA and the 2n2222 is 800 mA; the 2n2222 can often be substituted.

In your case, since there is some ambiguity, I would try the higher current if the operating characteristics are comparable. Do you know what it is doing in the circuit?

If it is just switching, I would go with the higher current rating -- at least as a first try.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back