Sub Issue : Sub Low End Drops off and stays at a consistent low volume

NellTones

Been having a weird issue with my KRK 10 S subwoofer. Hopefully someone might be able to give some insight on what’s going on.

So when I got my sub it worked great, low end sounded amazing but the issue I’m having is the low end drops off and stays at a consistently low volume even when I turn the volume knob up high. If I turn my foot switch off and then on again the low end hits properly for a second then drops off again to the consistent low volume. If I turn the volume knob down and up again, again hits properly for a second then drops off again to the low consistent volume. No matter how high I turn my volume knob up the sub stays at its low consistent volume.

Thinking it could possibly be a component issue in the circuitry that may have gone bad?

Thanks again! Can’t find anything on the internet about this issue and I’m just baffled so Anything helps!

W
Well I was sent a schematic for my 10S sub by someone at the company but I’m a little weary about posting it on a public forum as it is a proprietary copyright and I’m pretty positive the guy I talked to wasn’t even supposed to send me the schematics :/
Trying to steer clear of any legal issues I may encounter by posting it

It's discontinued, there are no issues.

If you post it, we can help you, if you don't, we can't - it's quite simple.

It's an old model there should be no issues, and upcoming legislation (assuming it's not out yet?) will require manufacturers to make service information and spares freely available.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…