Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sub Crossover & Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

stuee

Hi,
Ive just purchased a 4x 100w amp module,
Im using 1 chan for left, 1 chan to right and want to run the 2 chans to 1 sub.

Ive searched Google for some schematics but some look old, some have parts not available to my and all others get a bad rap.

I want a crossover and frequency filter that has volume and freq adjustable.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Some amplifiers can have two of their channels "bridged" for almost 4 times the power as one. I don't know if your unknown amplifier can be bridged. I don't know the impedance of your sub-woofer speaker.
There are thousands of adjustable frequency lowpass filter sub-woofer circuits on the internet. Maybe you should also use a highpass filter for the main channels.
The volume control for a sub-woofer amplifier is at the input of the amplifier.

The amp is this one,
**broken link removed**

I know you suggested not to purchase but for $60 AU it will do for the time being. All the speakers and subs are 8ohm 60w rms

I also have tweeters i was gong to put inline with the mid range speakers, do i need anything specials to do that?
cheers Guru.

The amplifier is low power, poor quality (Chinese) and poor performance. The power numbers are exaggerated.
Your mid-range and tweeters will blow up. They each need their own crossover circuit.

This Tripath module is already "bridged" and claims 117W at 10% distortion into a bridged 4 ohm load. Since your speakers are 8 ohm, they only claim 35Wpc before distortion begins to get unbearable.

Maybe you could run one sub from each amplifier but you must not connect the speaker lines together.

What should i use to filter the subs to just get the bass tones. I do have 10" subs i could use,

You can make a Sallen and Key 2nd or 3rd order lowpass filter with a single opamp.

Sorry for not being conformative and appreciate your advice so far..
But :)

I Will have the following setup

100w Left output to a tweeter and mid range.
100w Right output to a tweeter and mid range.
100w Output to each subwoofer.

What circuit would i use on the lines and can you supply something for me to follow, Ive found lots of schematics on google but which one as they are all different in there own ways.

Im guessing i would need a Mid and tweeter filter in one circuit and a separate filter for each sub.

Cheers

You can make a Sallen and Key 2nd or 3rd order lowpass filter with a single opamp.

A sub-woofer usually does not produce upper bass frequencies that a woofer would produce. You do not have woofers.
Here is a 3-way active crossover with 12dB Butterworth slopes and two 2-way 18dB Linkwitz-Riley slopes:
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back