Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Stupid question - How to remove cable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

starLED

I have a stupid question, how to remove this cable? :banghead:
It's a touchpad cable inside my netbook MSI WIND U100.
Reason why I ask is that I couldn't remove the other side of that cable, and I partially broke the connector, but cable stayed in.
I don't want to break this end.

IMG_20220312_225756.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, that's it, thanks.
Better safe then sorry. :nailbiting:
I am very cautious when it comes to connectors, it's so easy to brake them and hard to replace them.

Use a pier or small flat iron to move the lock corner like this:

Attachments

• IMG_20220312_225756.png
    IMG_20220312_225756.png
    406.5 KB · Views: 194
As someone who's had this problem MANY, MANY times (replacing LCD screens in LCD TV's), I would suggest always looking at it very carefully under good lighting, and with a magnifying glass or headset - there are many different connectors, some you pull, some you push, some you lever up, some you need three hands to do :D

But studying it under magnification usually makes it clear which method to try.

To make matters worse, the identical set might use a completely different connector! :D

Use a pier or small flat iron to move the lock corner like this:
Those corners do not move.
To make matters worse, the identical set might use a completely different connector! :D

The other end of this cable has a different connector. There was a part over the cable that I didn't know how to open and I braked it, but the cable stayed fixed in place, it doesn't move.
IMG_20220313_202029.jpg

As someone who's had this problem MANY, MANY times (replacing LCD screens in LCD TV's), I would suggest always looking at it very carefully under good lighting, and with a magnifying glass or headset - there are many different connectors, some you pull, some you push, some you lever up, some you need three hands to do :D

But studying it under magnification usually makes it clear which method to try.
I am very carefull when it comes to connectors, but I just don't have patience sometimes and I lose temper when I take apart 99% of device and then I can't remove cable for 15 min!
Then I usually take a screwdriver and remove it using Newtons.... :arghh:

Some connectors are no such thing - and are actually soldered in place, the 'connector' is just there to help provide mechanical strength - usually the other end will be removable though.

The picture is too blurry to tell what it is.

This end connector is removable also, it's on the motherboard for the touchpad.
But it feels like it doesn't want to move... :meh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back