Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

(stungun)Damn miniature audio transformer!!!!!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

klangen_86

I´m still having problems with the Mini-audio transformer 200/1!!!
It seems impossible to get! :? :?

Does anyone know if i can pull one out of an old radio or something...
And what kind of radio and how old? alot of questions I know but there are som many about this damn transformer!!! :(

My teacher said that i can use any transformer as long as it whas 200/1,
but after looking at all the discussions i´m starting to wonder if he´s incompetent....

Pleeeease help me!

Yes, i believe this is a problem todays, because the new radios haven't any audio transformer....
Try to find in trash a10...15 years old type, or make it yourself.
Take a ferrite rod wizh 8...10mm diameter, and wind about 10...15 turns as primer with enameled copper wire (dia.0.3....4mm), and a secondary about 1500 turns (dia.0.05...0.1mm).

oh thanks! a little bit closer to finding it...
I have alot of old radios and stuff so that woun´t be a problem!
but how does it look like... I know it´s like 5*5cm but does anyone have a picture of it?

klangen_86 said:
I´m still having problems with the Mini-audio transformer 200/1!!!
It seems impossible to get! :? :?

Does anyone know if i can pull one out of an old radio or something...
And what kind of radio and how old? alot of questions I know but there are som many about this damn transformer!!! :(

My teacher said that i can use any transformer as long as it whas 200/1,
but after looking at all the discussions i´m starting to wonder if he´s incompetent....

Pleeeease help me!
Why do you need a 200:1 transformer? They are as scarce as hens' teeth!

Audio transformer

I've just followed another thread that answers my own question.

You are probably looking for a transformer that matches 200k to 1k. They are *impedance* ratios, but if you ask for a 200:1 transformer it will be assumed that you are looking for a 200:1 *turns* ratio.

The turns ratio is the square root of of the impedance ratio, so the ratio you want is 14:1 approx.

audio transformer

:? to sebi & elect.oracle,

will the audio transfo from a dead & old wireless telephone do? :?

Mozikluv, You think about DECT (cordless phone)? Yes, older types with intercom function also have output trafo. The newer types contains only line trafo 600/600ohm.

small transfo

:D thanx for saving my day, elec.oracle, yes i have this wireless with intercom function, in fact i have two of this all dead set but have never come around repairing it. anyway i'll use of it & maybe repair the other one when am in the mode for that.

again thanx. :lol: :D

Why bother with that transformer when a better stun gun can be found at **broken link removed** . It is called a dazer but trust me it is strong. It gives out 2000V DC. The transformer is also easier to get and it is easy to make a PCB of.

Will

new stun gun circuit

:D hey will,

thanx for the info. :lol: :wink: :)

stunguns/transformers

HEY GUYS !,
I HAVE HAD SOME OF THE SAME PROBLEMS AS YOU, MAYBE THIS MIGHT HELP; I WENT TO MY FAVORITE ELECTRONIC SUPPLY HOUSE (SURPLUS) AND FOUND A SMALL FERRITE CORE TRANSFORMER, TOOK HOME AND REWOUND THE WINDS TO MY NEEDS, AS 20 TURNS PRIMARY AND 2000 TURNS SECONDARY, YOU NEED TO WIND THEM IN THE SAME DIRECTION, AND OF COURSE USE LIKE 20 GAUGE FOR PRI. AND .040 SEC., HOPE THIS WORKS FOR YOU, I'VE DONE A FEW AND THEY WORK WELL.
AND TO LET EVERYONE KNOW THAT I AM THE SAME MARK RICHARDSON THAT HAD BEEN WORKING ON STUNGUN CIRCUITS, WELL I'VE HAD SOME GOOD SUCCESS, AND YOU ALL ARE WECOME TO my :D DESIGN.
THANKS
MARK RICHARDSON
mrichardson@calweb.com[/b]

can't do that

to willtucker,
i think the link goes to a Devry university or something,
and it's only available to US residents and i'm from the Phils.
do you know (or have any links to) any simple stun-gun schematics
other than that which requires a 200K-1K transformer (because i also don't want to make a customized transformer)? :lol:

The Maplin offering above works fine in the Dazer circuit. The Dazer itself is unlikely to actually "stun" anyone. It can though induce quite a jolt. I asked a guy at work to try mine, had him touch the terminals whilst I hit the button, the results were good. He lept from his seat, yelling obscenities at me. I did tell him that I wanted to know how quickly the device built charge, it seems as far as the human goes the results are instantaneous :twisted: :twisted:

I would certainly be interested in having a look at your design Markus.

All the best
Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back