Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Strong electronics experience points for University

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey,

I hope to study electronic engineering at university at the end of this year.

I've got a lot of general experience and business experience (Including an audio engineering business) under my belt, but I feel I'm still lacking some solid electronics experience to "Wow" the tutors.

The few firms around here wont do work experience, so I'm a bit stumped.

Anyone got any ideas?

Forget about wowing the tutors. Make sure you math is up to snuff. In the US EE students are required to take enough math to meet the requirements for a math major. I expect that is the same at any decent university.

Having your location filled in might help?.
Salisbury, UK. Sorry. ;3

Forget about wowing the tutors. Make sure you math is up to snuff. In the US EE students are required to take enough math to meet the requirements for a math major. I expect that is the same at any decent university.
Awesome thanks. :) Although maths is my strong point, I believe I'll be taking extra electronics based maths classes before hand. :)

I would suggest you contact the Universities you're interested in applying for, and see what they suggest - quite a lot of courses don't like you to studt too much before hand, but I imagine electronics isn't one of them.

Are your A-level grades high enough?, and in suitable subjects.

York for examples requires BBB for BEng, and AAB for MEng - and requires one to be Maths, plus a Science (presumably Physics would be best?), the third can be a Humanities subject.

If your grades aren't good enough, or the wrong subjects, you can do a Foundation course before starting the degree proper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back