Strobe sound-to-light pulse trigger circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

simontay1984

Hi,

Im new to this forum and this is my first post. I run a mobile disco business with a friend and have a Prolight 1500W strobe.
Im planning to build this controler circuit for it: Strobo controller. I want to modify it and add a sound-to-light function using the speaker output or preout of my amplifier as the input

A solution I was thinking of was to design a filter circuit using an op-amp with a zener diode or schmitt inverter (e.g. CMOS 40106) in some way so as to only let the peak audio signals through.
The output would be connected to pin 2 of the 555 in the Strobo controller circuit above.

I have tried using velleman kit MK114, but it is designed for halegen bulbs and too unstable for a strobe. Schematic: **broken link removed**
Note: I connected pin 6 of the 4N35 to ground via a 47K resistor. If disconnected, pin 6 is floating and the output is always on.

Please do not attach images of PCB layouts. I do not have the neccessary equipment to make my own PCBs.
I use StripboardMagic to draw the schematic and convert it to a draft stripboard layout. I then use Lochmaster 3.0 to design the final stripboard layout.

Thanks in advance for any advice and sorry about the long post

Trigger..........

Here is a link that might give you some ideas:
DIY - Universal Sound and Optical Slave Flash Trigger | DIYPhotography.net

Strobe trigger circuit: schematic found!

Hi, sorry for the delayed reply, ive not had internet access for a few days.

I found this page which has the ideal circuit I need:
**broken link removed**

Due to its complexity, im going to draw out the schematic in some suitable software I like then use a PCB layout program then send the file(s) to a PCB manufacturing company.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…