Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Strobe sound-to-light pulse trigger circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

simontay1984

Hi,

Im new to this forum and this is my first post. I run a mobile disco business with a friend and have a Prolight 1500W strobe.
Im planning to build this controler circuit for it: Strobo controller. I want to modify it and add a sound-to-light function using the speaker output or preout of my amplifier as the input

A solution I was thinking of was to design a filter circuit using an op-amp with a zener diode or schmitt inverter (e.g. CMOS 40106) in some way so as to only let the peak audio signals through.
The output would be connected to pin 2 of the 555 in the Strobo controller circuit above.

I have tried using velleman kit MK114, but it is designed for halegen bulbs and too unstable for a strobe. Schematic: **broken link removed**
Note: I connected pin 6 of the 4N35 to ground via a 47K resistor. If disconnected, pin 6 is floating and the output is always on.

Please do not attach images of PCB layouts. I do not have the neccessary equipment to make my own PCBs.
I use StripboardMagic to draw the schematic and convert it to a draft stripboard layout. I then use Lochmaster 3.0 to design the final stripboard layout.

Thanks in advance for any advice and sorry about the long post

No one going help??
hi,
We will try.:)
Looking at the 'strobe' cct, its an astable.

Which aspect of the 'light' do you want to control, intensity or on time.?

and over what sort of frequency range.?

Trigger..........

Hi,

Im new to this forum and this is my first post. I run a mobile disco business with a friend and have a Prolight 1500W strobe.
Im planning to build this controler circuit for it: Strobo controller. I want to modify it and add a sound-to-light function using the speaker output or preout of my amplifier as the input

A solution I was thinking of was to design a filter circuit using an op-amp with a zener diode or schmitt inverter (e.g. CMOS 40106) in some way so as to only let the peak audio signals through.
The output would be connected to pin 2 of the 555 in the Strobo controller circuit above.

I have tried using velleman kit MK114, but it is designed for halegen bulbs and too unstable for a strobe. Schematic: **broken link removed**
Note: I connected pin 6 of the 4N35 to ground via a 47K resistor. If disconnected, pin 6 is floating and the output is always on.

Please do not attach images of PCB layouts. I do not have the neccessary equipment to make my own PCBs.
I use StripboardMagic to draw the schematic and convert it to a draft stripboard layout. I then use Lochmaster 3.0 to design the final stripboard layout.

Thanks in advance for any advice and sorry about the long post

Here is a link that might give you some ideas:
DIY - Universal Sound and Optical Slave Flash Trigger | DIYPhotography.net

Strobe trigger circuit: schematic found!

Hi, sorry for the delayed reply, ive not had internet access for a few days.

I found this page which has the ideal circuit I need:
**broken link removed**

Due to its complexity, im going to draw out the schematic in some suitable software I like then use a PCB layout program then send the file(s) to a PCB manufacturing company.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back