Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

String Variable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timmymna

Is it possible to store a string in a variable or in the internal or external EEPROM in PicBasic Pro? This would be helpfull as my program is growing rather large and I am using a lot of Serout commands to an LCD, if this were possible could I use it like:

LCDsub:
Serout, porta.1.6,[#variable]
Return

Where I had previously put the string ie "Hello" into the variable?

I've done the same thing using C and interfacing to an LCD. I have a function called

Write_str("Hello");

and my function is this

void Write_str( Char str)
{
...code for display
}

Basicly the function is called as many times as there are letter in the string. So "Hello" would call it 5 time. one to write "H" one for "e" and so one. I don't know if this is true for basic. try it out I guess

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back