Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Storm Doris in the UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nigel Goodwin

Super Moderator
Most Helpful Member
Here's an interesting video from yesterday, as a result of Storm Doris.

The dam in question was used during WWII for training the dambusters crews, as it's similar to the dam in Germany that the bouncing bombs were used on. It's about 15-20 miles from where I live - which isn't down stream! :D.

Yes, I remember the villages well.

In fact my dad worked on Lady Bower, he was a stone mason and the quarry he worked for were one of the stone suppliers.

Nice video, interesting to see the water surging as the wind has created waves on the lake above.

It looked like there was a castle in the video?

Thanks Nigel I see now. England has some very nice looking country side. England is on my bucket list. I always wanted to see the Big Ben, and castles.

Thanks Nigel I see now. England has some very nice looking country side. England is on my bucket list. I always wanted to see the Big Ben, and castles.

As you mentioned castles, there's a rock formation not far from the dam in the video - called Alport Castles - I only heard of it the other year, and went a walk past there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alport_Castles

There's certainly plenty to visit and see over here, and as we're a small country nothing's too far away :D

But you've certainly got plenty of spectacular scenery over there - and often on a much larger scale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back